Andreas Asimakopoulos ’21 pursues unexpected remote digital marketing internship with Money Mouth Marketing based out of Atlanta, GA

Hello, my name is Andreas Asimakopoulos and I am a rising Senior at Whitman college. As an Film and Media Studies major, I want to be immersed in the media industry. Unfortunately, the notorious COVID-19 prevented me from participating in person. I decided to look for remote internships that would still be engaging and informative. This summer, I got accepted to work for Money Mouth Marketing as a digital marketing intern. Money Mouth Marketing is based in Atlanta, Georgia. The company prides itself in having experienced and dedicated employees that work hard for small and medium sized businesses. I am currently working online from Stanton hall here at Whitman.

The internship intrigued me because I know a considerable amount about the production and exhibition of media, but I am uneducated where marketing is concerned. The internship is a big change from what I am used to doing and I believe that the experience has already helped me feel more well-rounded. I’m not supposed to explain their training process or details (just because of competing companies), but I can say that the world of marketing is eye opening and deals more with human psychology than technical skills. Money Mouth Marketing values creativity above all other traits and I’d bet that most marketing companies do as well.

So far, I have went through various forms of training (both prerecorded and live) in order to increase my skills in the marketing field. My internship focuses on digital marketing with an emphasis on social media. I have several projects I am working on with instructions from my supervisor. One of them involves working with a team of interns and communicating through Google Hangouts. I have rarely worked in groups and never exclusively online. Regardless of how the project turns out, I know that the experience will be very valuable.

Later on in the internship, I will have the chance to put my newly learned skills to the test and attempt to receive certification in specific aspects of digital marketing. It is not a priority. Instead, it is something that I look forward to in the near future.

Staying at Whitman over the summer is a new learning experience in itself. I’m from a little ol’ town in Alaska called Soldotna. Needless to say, I’m not used to the Walla Walla summers. Definitely something I need to get used to. Overall, it’s been a good experience and I’m glad to be a remote intern at Money Mouth Marketing.

Experiences like Andreas Asimakopoulos’s are made possible by the Whitman Internship Grant, which provides funding for students to participate in unpaid internships at both for-profit and non-profit organizations. To learn how you could secure a Whitman Internship Grant or host a Whitman intern at your organization, click here or contact Assistant Director for Internship Programs Mitzy Rodriguez

,