Brayden Preskenis ’21, Improves The Northwest Memory Center’s Online Filing and Data Acquisition Platform for Patients Diagnosed with Osteoporosis with Dr. Gordon at The Northwest Memory Center.

Five hours on the phone, three transfers, and 28 emails later, I can report that Cerbo, the “Friendly, Powerful and Fast” platform created for online filing, communication with patients, and diagnoses for Doctors, has great customer service and after 24 emails will still sign their emails: wishing you the “Best”.  It is truly incredible that the technology that provides the necessary support to Dr. Gordon as she works on cutting edge research, combating cognitive decline, also has 2-hour long tutorial videos for the slower (not their words but mine) customers, and I can tell you first hand that every 122 minutes of the video are riveting!

Over the past month and a half, I have had the opportunity to work under Dr. Gordon at The Northwest Memory Center studying nationally renowned work driven by the ongoing push to find an end to Alzheimer’s. Initially, My job was to improve The Northwest Memory Center’s online filing and data acquisition platform for Patients diagnosed with osteoporosis. After weeks of conference class with Cerbo, Dr. Gordon now can more efficiently advise lifestyle changes, supplements, and prescriptions used to tackle thinning bones. Further than just streamlining the online filing system, I have been learning the ins and outs of the online program and what is possible for further improvement and research possibilities. Since my first week, I have had an array of jobs and duties ranging from investigating more efficient filing methods to aiding in the study of cognitive decline in patients with diabetes.

I am currently working directly with Dr. Gordon and 12 patients, studying a whole-body approach to combating early cognitive decline. Eight months ago these patients came into The Northwest Memory Center with their cognitive abilities waning. Through a change in lifestyle, diet, exercise, fasting, supplements, sleep, de-stressing activities, hormone therapy, and 28 other factors, their cognitive ability, overall, has improved! Now, while studying their progress, I get to see these patients leave the practice with a renewed mind and abilities that they had not had in the past ten years of their lives. Having early-onset Alhtzhiemers written into my family’s genetic code, this research gives me hope for my future and the future and wellbeing of my loved ones.

Looking forward to the next month where I will, without a doubt, learn even more about osteoporosis and cognitive decline, I can also guarantee that Cerbo has not heard the end of me.

Experiences like Brayden’s are made possible by the Whitman Internship Grant, which provides funding for students to participate in unpaid internships at both for-profit and non-profit organizations. To learn how you could secure a Whitman Internship Grant or host a Whitman intern at your organization, click here or contact Assistant Director for Internship Programs Mitzy Rodriguez