Welcome to our two new Student Career Advisors!

The Student Career Advisor program is expanding! Announcing our two new additions to the cohort: Aby Ramata ’23 and Kylie Rollosson ’22. They will be joining Cody Jose ’21 and Christine Van-Winkle Shaw ’21, our senior SCAs. The Student Career Advisors are happy to offer their services virtually as peer career liaisons of the SEC. They review resumes, cover letters,  assist with job applications, Whitman Internship Grant applications & process, and connect you with PathwayU, Whitman Connect, and offer guidance in Handshake.

Here is a little about them!

My name is Aby Ramata and I am one of the new Student Career Advisors in the Student Engagement Center. I am a sophomore majoring in Economics and Mathematics.

This position is a great opportunity to make use of the valuable experience I have gained as a club leader and as a tutor. As a student career advisor, I am looking forward to building bridges between affinity clubs and the SEC to facilitate access to resources and opportunities.  I believe in the power of education and networking through dialogue and I love that Whitman provides amazing opportunities for students of all classes to gain work experience. I can’t wait to guide students through the crucial process of preparing for the future!

My name is Kylie Rollosson and I’m one of the new Student Career Advisors beginning with the SEC this semester. I am a junior majoring in Mathematics.

I am really excited to begin working as an SCA. I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to put my experience as a mentor and tutor to good use, since I know that planning for the future can be daunting. This is especially true with as many options as a liberal arts education provides. With PathwayU and the workshops that we will be hosting throughout the coming semester, hopefully we can help our peers find what careers might fit their passions best. From there, it’ll seem much less intimidating to set goals and find opportunities for growth in the fields that fit best!

I believe this position will be a great place to expand my own horizons, and I hope to learn about different career paths and programs alongside everyone else throughout the year.

Welcome to the SCA team, Aby and Kylie!