Ali Efe Isik ’26, Intern at SEVA Holding in Bursa, Turkey

Ali Efe Isik ’26, Economics and Math major, shares about their internship with SEVA Holding in Bursa, Turkey

“As an intended economics and math combined major with a passion for data science, my summer internship in finance has been an eye-opening experience. Throughout the internship, I have delved into the exciting areas of data analysis, technical stock analysis, and various trading methods. The internship has expanded my knowledge and empowered me with practical skills that will undoubtedly shape my future in the financial industry toward my goals.

From the moment I stepped into the finance realm, I immersed myself in learning some of the details of technical analysis. Through some training and hands-on experience, I gained an in-depth understanding of stock market charts, identifying trends, and predicting potential price movements. Armed with this knowledge, I could make informed decisions and uncover valuable insights into the dynamic world of financial markets.

Later, I was introduced to an array of trading methods and signals. From day trading to futures trading, each approach offered a unique perspective on the market. Learning about various trading strategies allowed me to comprehend the importance of risk management and the art of balancing reward potential. Moreover, I acquired the ability to adapt my approach based on market conditions and effectively manage my portfolio.

In the realm of finance, indicators serve as powerful tools to assess market trends and forecast potential price movements. During my internship, I worked with a diverse range of indicators, such as Moving Averages, Relative Strength Index (RSI), Bollinger Bands, and more. By comprehending the inner workings of these indicators, I learned to foresee their signals, helping to make well-informed decisions in a dynamic and ever-changing market environment.

As an economics and math combined major with a data science minor, my summer internship was the perfect opportunity to apply and consolidate my knowledge from these fields. The fusion of economics and math provided a solid foundation for understanding market trends, while my data science intention empowered me to leverage data-driven insights. Embracing this powerful intersection has undoubtedly given me a competitive edge in the financial industry.

My summer internship in finance has been an immensely meaningful part of my Whitman career. It has equipped me with valuable skills, expanded my horizons, and clarified my professional goals. Through this transformative experience, I have grown both personally and academically, setting a strong foundation for a successful future in the world of finance and data analysis. As I progress in my studies and endeavors, I carry with me the invaluable lessons and experiences gained during this internship, which will undoubtedly shape the trajectory of my Whitman journey and beyond.

In conclusion, this internship opportunity in finance and data analysis is a stepping stone toward achieving my long-term goals. It equips me with the necessary skills, networks, and experiences to thrive in the finance industry and positions me for success in pursuing a rewarding and impactful career. By leveraging the knowledge gained from this internship and combining it with my academic background, I am confident in my ability to make significant contributions to the world of finance and data-driven decision-making.”

Uncategorized