Napat “Bright” Surit, Intern at the Thailand branch of Robert Bosch

Napat “Bright” Surit, Geology and Economics major, shares about their internship at the Thailand branch of Robert Bosch

“Hello everyone, my name is Napat “Bright” Surit, and I am thrilled to share my internship experience with you. As an intern at the Thailand branch of Robert Bosch, a multinational company specializing in automotive, power tools, building technology, and more, I have had the privilege to be a part of some exciting projects and immerse myself in a dynamic work environment. In this blog post, I will delve into the significant project I am working on, a typical day in my life at Bosch, the accomplishments I have achieved so far, and how this experience is shaping my Whitman career and future goals.

One of the exciting projects I am contributing to involves data analysis to investigate potential new areas of investment for the company. While I cannot disclose many details about it due to confidentiality, I am excited to be a part of this initiative that will help the company grow and evolve in a rapidly changing market. Additionally, I am actively involved in producing a video showcasing the unity and strength of our company, despite being composed of several entities. This project emphasizes how we are all working together, moving forward as one cohesive unit, and ready to take on new challenges.

A Day in My Life at Bosch: Flexibility and Productivity

At Bosch, I have the flexibility to choose my working hours, typically ranging from 7:30 to 9:30 in the morning. I have three required office workdays, and I appreciate the two optional work-from-home days, which allow me to balance my work and personal life efficiently. I cherish the vibrant office environment, complete with free coffee, a comfortable atmosphere, and friendly colleagues. Starting late means staying late, ensuring I meet my responsibilities and contribute effectively to the team. The culture of Bosch encourages collaboration and empowers interns like me to actively engage in projects, making me feel valued and motivated.

Accomplishments and Learning: Connecting with Diverse Industries and Data Management

Throughout my internship, I have accomplished significant personal growth, especially in the area of social skills. Working at Bosch has provided me with opportunities to connect with people from various industries, even government representatives. These interactions have improved my ability to network and collaborate with professionals from diverse backgrounds, an essential skill for any aspiring business developer.

Furthermore, working with data analysis has been an eye-opening experience. In today’s world, data is as crucial as oil or gold, and learning how to handle and analyze data effectively has been invaluable. This skill will undoubtedly prove to be an asset in my academic journey as I plan to major in Geology and Economics. Understanding data better will help me draw meaningful insights, make informed decisions, and bridge the gap between raw data and actionable information.

Meaningful Part of My Whitman Career: Bridging Business Development and Knowledge

My internship at Bosch has given me insight into the world of business development and how it can intersect with various fields of knowledge. As I pursue my studies in Geology and Economics, this experience has provided a practical understanding of how data plays a pivotal role in decision-making processes, resource management, and market analysis. I have gained a clearer vision of how I can integrate my academic background with business development, creating a unique skill set that will set me apart in my career.

My internship journey at Robert Bosch Thailand has been transformative, allowing me to engage in meaningful projects, learn from industry experts, and grow both personally and professionally. The experiences I have gained here have strengthened my passion for Geology and Economics and have shown me the limitless possibilities that lie ahead. I am grateful and excited to carry the lessons and insights from this internship with me as I continue to chase my dreams at Whitman and beyond.”