Geneva and Chamonix

I spent 2 days in Chamonix and 1 in Geneva two weekends ago. I went with my closest 7 friends with whom I have been spending the majority of the semester. The bus drive from Geneva airport to Chamonix involved breathtaking views of the Alps. Chamonix is a tiny mountain town surrounded by the Alps.

We went to a hockey game which was very different than the Kraken games I have been to. The majority of us were not dressed properly. I went three days in the snow in Converse with holes at the bottom. I survived off-feet heating pads and bought a pair of wool socks. I could have been in the worst mood possible due to my feet freezing and wet, but it did not affect my mood. I love my friends and it was one of the most beautiful places I have been to. We went snowshoeing on a hike that led to a waterfall.

Geneva had better weather than Chamonix and it happened to be a cultural-filled weekend. There were parades and fairs all over the city. I was reminded of how expensive Switzerland is when it comes to buying food. We went to the UN building and walked around some parks.

The weekend was so fun, relaxing, intense, and filled with hot cocoa. It was an amazing last trip with the group and brought us closer together.