My first few days in Vienna!

Welcome to your brand new blog at Whitman College Sites.

To get started, simply log in, edit or delete this post and check out all the other options available to you.

Hello from Vienna!

Welcome to my blog:) My name is Wako, I’m a junior Psychology major studying in Vienna for the Spring 2022 semester. I decided to study abroad in Vienna for many reasons some including to immerse myself into the Viennese culture, to learn German, and to explore the art and music that Austria is famously known for.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my first post and I’m excited to share my experiences with everyone.

The picture on the left was taken at the city center near my housing location, The Student Hotel and it’s called die Wiener Pestsäule (Plague Column). I actually had a picture of it on my Lock Screen for months before coming to Vienna, so it truly hit me then and there when I saw it in-person for the first time that I was finally in Vienna.

The group photo on the right was taken in front of Wiener Riesenrad during our walking tour around the area. I was able to meet and connect with so many people from it!

One thought on “My first few days in Vienna!